Remote Position, International (Volunteer)
Paektu Cultural Exchange is hiring an advisor with a strong knowledge and understanding of web design and the digital media landscape. We require professional advice and ideas to create designs and websites for new initiatives. This will be a remote, non-paid volunteer position with opportunities to hone your skills and build a portfolio while learning more about North Korea.
Paektu Cultural Exchange (PCE) is a Canadian social enterprise based in Yanji, China, dedicated to facilitating cooperation, trade, investment, and cross-cultural exchanges between the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) and international organizations, businesses, and individuals to promote greater understanding and regional peace.
– Advise on design and construction of website, emails, and digital marketing pieces.
– Advise on email marketing campaigns.
– Advise on graphics and code development for site content.
– Advise on design implementation design requests and on-going site maintenance.
– Coordinate and update web content (product photos, text, and graphics).
Qualifications and Experience:
– Background in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, IT or related field.
– Experience designing websites and web pages
– Experienced with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
– Familiarity with current (HTML, CSS, scripting) and emerging technologies, such as mobile/responsive design.
– Solid understanding of Social Media Expertise in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+
Ideal Personality and Character:
– A genuine compassion to support the people we work with and improving rural education and international relations through cultural exchanges and other initiatives
– A strong interest in and passion for developmental assistance, exchange and engagement activities with the DPRK
– Attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team remotely
– Hands-on experience working in the fields of international relations, international business, negotiation, project management, and development
– Opportunities to accompany delegations and business missions to the DPRK
– Opportunity to hone skills and build portfolio
– Opportunity to gain insight into the current cultural and economic situations within the DPRK
– Opportunity to work with passionate & fun people!
PCE’s Past and Current Projects:
– Organized and planned the 2013 and 2014 Dennis Rodman official delegation visits the DPRK
– Organized the 2014 international basketball match between the DPRK national basketball team and former NBA players (including Dennis Rodman) and the 2016 Pyongyang International Friendship Ice Hockey Exhibition (PIFIHE)
– Historical restoration projects in collaboration with the Dutch Royal Family’s Prince Claus Fund 2014, 2015, 2016
– Hosting official delegation visits to the DPRK involving public figures, organizations such as the Asia Society Patrons (New York), the Young Presidents Organization (YPO), and various university and academic exchange programs
– Student exchanges from Kim Il Sung University to Cambridge University and Yanbian University (China).
– Photography and documentary filmmaking projects
– Charitable projects supporting the deaf, blind and physically / intellectually disabled
– Developmental projects supporting rural primary school education
– Trade and investment research, business delegations, matchmaking and investment seminars and delegations
Application Procedures & Deadlines:
– Fill in online application form
– Submit CV / Resume and Cover Letter by email
Minimum of 3-5 hours a week and more depending on availability.
Note: This position is open until filled. Apply below.
NOTE: We may require more than one volunteer to fulfill these responsibilities, so if you do not have all the skills listed above we still encourage your application. We are interested in hearing from individuals who are able to work remotely.
For more information or any questions about the position please contact Paektu Cultural Exchange at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the News: