Remote, but on-site work is possible
Paektu Cultural Exchange (Paektu Group)
Paektu Cultural Exchange is hiring an advisor with a strong knowledge and understanding of web design and the digital media landscape. We require professional advice and ideas to create designs and websites for new initiatives. This will be a remote, non-paid volunteer position with opportunities to hone your skills and build a portfolio while learning more about North Korea and working for a good cause.
– Advise on design and construction of website, emails, and digital marketing pieces
– Advise on email marketing campaigns
– Advise on graphics and code development for site content
– Advise on design implementation design requests and on-going site maintenance
– Coordinate and update web content (product photos, text, and graphics)
Qualifications and Experience:
– Proficiency in general office software, and relevant internet platforms (i.e. WordPress, Trello, Mailchimp)
– Social Media Expertise in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+
– Background in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, IT or related field.
– Experience designing websites and web pages (WordPress or web development skills)
Ideal Personality and Character:
– A keen interest in travel, meeting new people, and exploration
– Passionate about developing a greater understanding of many aspects of the DPRK through hands-on experiences, direct contact, and relationship building
– A genuine compassion for people and improving international relations through cultural exchanges and other initiatives
– A strong interest in and passion for exchange and engagement activities with the DPRK
– Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills
– Attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ideal Qualifications and Experience (not mandatory):
– Experienced with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
– Familiarity with current (HTML, CSS, scripting) and emerging technologies, such as mobile/responsive design.
– Post-graduate degree or other relevant life experience
– General knowledge of photo & video editing
– Previous travel or work experience in North Korea or other parts of Asia
Academic Backgrounds and Interests:
Marketing, Business, Communications, Computer Science, Administration, Investment, Economics, among other fields
– Credit towards travel to the DPRK
– Hands-on experience working in the fields international relations, international business, project management, and development
– Opportunities to accompany delegations and business missions to the DPRK – if the candidate is available to do so
Application Procedures & Deadlines:
– Submit CV / Resume and Cover Letter by email
– Include in the email your full name, position of interest, and what interests you about working with the DPRK?
Internships are typically revolving every 3-6 months with the possibility of full-time onsite employment.
For more information or any questions about the position please contact Paektu Cultural Exchange at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: We may require more than staff member to fulfill these responsibilities, so if you do not have all the skills listed above we still encourage your application. We need individuals who are able to relocate to Dandong for full-time positions. Dandong is the main trade and cultural hub between China and the DPRK. There is a large Korean ethnic minority, as well as many ROK and DPR Korean laborers and business people. The city is located on the banks of the Yalu River in the Liaoning Province, around 80 percent of China’s trade volume with the DPRK passes through Dandong across the Sino-Korean Friendship Bridge to Sinuiju.